I try to simplify life as much as possible and that‘s what this blog is about – simple living. I have spent years going to spin classes, pump classes and sweating it out on the treadmill. I used to do my workouts at the gym for 2 hours at least 3 times per week, and with little results at that! Now, I prefer to live a staple life, which includes easy to do staple exercises (I'll share these with you in another blog post at some point). For now, I just want to share with you the benefits of working out at home – and why I love it!
I know many of you probably like the gym for the socialising aspect. Gyms also offer various types of equipment and different facilities such as swimming and group workouts that you just can't get at home. And I know a lot of the boys love the gym, but as a woman I have always felt gyms to be a place of competition and comparison. While some people need the inspiration and encouragement of others, if you are relatively self-motivated (as I am) I think you would appreciate the comfort and flexibility of working out from home.
Here are my top 5 reasons why (as a woman) I love working out at home:
- Comfort and concentration: Workouts at home offers an environment where you can better concentrate. At home, no one will disturb you while you are exercising; allowing you to remain focused to enjoy a faster and more productive workout.
- Precious time: I realised that the time I spent travelling, finding parking and then waiting for a machine to become free during peak times in order to work out was an additional annoyance that only doubled the amount of time it took me to exercise. Doing your workouts at home means you can just step into another room or garage or simply go for a run – no hassle, no fuss!
- Cost: The big one for me is avoiding that nearly four-figure annual gym fee. Especially when the annual cost of working out from home is: FREE.
- Privacy: This is one of the main reasons why I recommend workouts at home for women. At home, I don’t have to impress anyone, and I don’t have to ever worry about what workout gear I am wearing and whether it's in style. I can struggle with my ‘overhead crunches’ and ‘planks’ in privacy (check out my article on 8 minute abs workouts).
- Flexibility: I don’t have to work my schedule around when the gym is open or closed. Some gyms have some really inflexible times. I used to often come back from work trips on a Sunday afternoon and all I wanted to do was get an endorphin hit at the gym, but my gym used to close at 3pm on Sundays (annoying!). Also if I want to work out at 4 in the morning or midnight – I can do that at home.
Workouts at home for women are an easy and cost effective way to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle. I am always encouraging my girl friends (particularly those friends who are not engaging in any form of physical activity to begin with) to try working out from home. And unequivocally, I get positive reports back about how easy and stress free workouts can be when done from home; making life just that little bit more simple.
Comment here and share your feedback and thoughts on workouts at home for women!
Before you go.
If you liked this article please share it with your friends by clicking the 'share' button below.
For daily inspiration follow me on your favourite social media site and subscribe to staple life here to receive weekly email updates!